Occupational health and safety
«Almalyk mining and metallurgical complex» JSC is the largest producer of copper, zinc, cadmium, copper rod, copper pipes, sulfuric acid, copper sulfate, carbide products, Portland cement, noble and rare metals, constantly working to improve production efficiency, expand the mineral resource base and sustainable development of production capacities, as well as to improve the working conditions of workers, the state of labor protection and ensuring the protection of the vital interests of the individual and society from accidents and incidents and their consequences at the production facilities of the complex.
Mission and values of the complex
Our mission is to ensure the priority of the life and health of the employee in relation to production activities, since the main value of the complex is its employees.
Principles of the complex
In its activities, «Almalyk ММС» JSC is guided by the following principles:
- application of a systematic and integrated approach based on modern methods of risk and opportunity analysis;
implementation of state programs in the field of labor protection;
- stimulating the introduction into production of safe equipment, technology and means of protecting workers;
- use of the achievements of science, technology and advanced national and foreign experience in labor protection;
- social protection of workers who have suffered from accidents at work or who have received occupational diseases;
- implementation of international cooperation;
- ensuring the training and certification of employees of the complex on labor protection;
- implementation of measures to protect the life and health of workers of the complex.
Objectives of the complex
The objectives of the complex are to reduce the adverse impact on the working capacity and health of employees, as well as representatives of third-party organizations performing work and located on the territory of the complex, and minimizing the risks of emergency or other unforeseen situations, mitigating the impact of their consequences on the health and performance of workers in production.
Liability of the complex
The liabilities of «Almalyk ММС» JSC are:
- comply with the applicable requirements of the legislation in the field of labor protection and industrial safety, as well as other commitments made to stakeholders;
- ensuring safe and healthy working conditions to prevent work-related injuries and occupational diseases;
- eliminate hazards and reduce risks, prevent injuries and diseases associated with production activities;
- be responsible for the effectiveness and continuous improvement of the health and safety management system;
- to support the activities of the council of trade unions of workers and authorized on labor protection;
- study the opinions and suggestions of employees in the field of labor protection and industrial safety and take the necessary measures;
- plan and carry out production activities with the obligatory consideration of production and professional risks;
- conduct training of employees in safe work methods, motivate them to safe behavior in the workplace, to provide effective and high-quality personal protective equipment;
- require contractors and subcontractors providing services at production facilities, compliance with the requirements of standards and norms in the field of labor protection and industrial safety.